Oh, Rafferty. As I sit down to type this, your dad is attempting to get you down for your nap, and guess what? You're screaming. I think I heard you say, "Napping is for sissies!"
So yes, this is your second 2nd birthday. We had been planning for an eternity to have a small soiree for you here at home with your closest male cousins, but mom just kept putting it off. So, today was finally that day. We had a little get-together at one of our favorite local restaurants with a favorite theme and those cousins, too.
I suppose I should mention that Rafferty only measured in the 30th percentile for height and maybe the 65th percentile for weight. Of course, it's been a few weeks since I got those numbers, and can't recall what they were exactly, but I do know we were very surprised that he was nowhere near the percentiles he'd been at in the past. I recall a certain boy who wasn't even on the chart for weight for a whole year! So, again, a bit of a surprise. But since he's turned two, he's grown much in other ways, continuing to be a very stereotypical boy and a very stereotypical two-year old. He's rough, he's physical, he's loud, he's funny. I can't wait to see what this year will bring with this little guy. He keeps us on our toes, but it's been so much fun. Happy second 2nd birthday, Raf. As always, we love ya to bits!

No comments:
Post a Comment